NEW DIMENSION IN STRIP CLADDING
The most important factor to the success of the strip cladding process is to have the right combination of:
• Welding Consumables i.e. Strip, Flux and Wire (where applicable)
• Cladding Head
• Magnetic Steering Devices
• Welding Power Sources and Strip Feeding Device
• Automatic Welding Control System.
Lincoln Electric has 325+ Research and Development engineers designing breakthrough solutions in welding equipment and consumables, continuously improving its products to offer its customer the best solutions available on the market.
2D CLADDING (STANDARD / CONVENTIONAL STRIP CLADDING)
Cladding/overlay is a fundamental process in the fabrication industry and is applied across a whole spectrum of components – from the nuclear, oil and gas industries to petrochemical and steelmaking.
Submerged arc or Electroslag Strip cladding process can be used for large surface area application with Electroslag process being the most attractive choice due to higher travel speed and surface area coverage rate.
3D CLADDING (HYBRID STRIP CLADDING)
Lincoln Electric has developed a new variant of the ESW process: the hybrid technique which meets the most demanding customer requirements, in a single layer at higher deposition rate and higher travel speed.
The main benefits of the hybrid technique are:
• The new hybrid solution saves an enormous amount of time
• Release valuable workshop hours for fabricating more equipment within same period
• 3D Cladding is the only existing single layer solution with Fe<5% in Ni 625 alloy with high travel speed
• Additional savings in time and cost due to elimination of inter-layer NDE
• Eliminates use of alloyed flux
• The savings from one project will cover the costs of the investment
SPECIAL ALLOYS™ – MORE SOLUTIONS FROM ONE HAND
Lincoln Electric manufactures a wide range of fluxes, strips and metal cored wires for cladding processes to meet a variety of customer demands.
The brand SPECIAL ALLOYS™ is part of our ongoing commitment in providing total welding solutions.
WITH THIS BRAND WE NOW OFFER MUCH MORE THAN BEFORE:
A larger product portfolio, more machine & application know-how, testing results and data. This will offer increased efficiency and improved service to our customers.